DONALD EKONG LIBRARY WEEKLY REPORT
Friday 5th to Friday 12th May 2023
- The University Librarian, Dr Helen U. Emasealu, on Tuesday, 9th May 2023, attended the Finance and General-Purpose Committee (F&GPC) meeting of the Governing Council of the University, which took place in the Council Chamber, Senate Building. On Thursday 11th May 2023, she attended the Council meeting which took place at the same venue.
- On Tuesday, 9th May 2023, The American Corner, Port Harcourt, organized a programme on Youth Development titled “Community Journalism: Basic Principles for Effective Storytelling”. The programme dwelt extensively on the essentials of journalism and focused on the principles for compelling storytelling in community engagement and development. Participants were students drawn mainly from the Departments of Linguistics and Communication Studies, English Studies, Library and Information Science, History and Diplomatic Studies, Religious and Cultural Studies and Theatre and Film Studies.
- The American Corner, Port Harcourt, will host an event to mark the 2023 edition of the Children’s Day Celebration on May 29th at 10 00 a.m. at the American Corner, Donald E.U. Ekong Library. Members of the University community are encouraged to bring their wards to be a part of the celebration.
- The library received an update on its JSTOR Database (https://www.jstor.org/). This update gives staff and students of all academic disciplines, and other researchers registered with the library access to millions of e-books, e-journals, and other e-materials in all fields.
- Weekly statistics of the library patronage of Donald Ekong Library showed an increase from 720 users in the previous week to 1471 users in the current week.
Donald Ekong Library communication channels for remote access are:
LinkedIn: Uniport library
Dr. Helen U. Emasealu, CLN